Setting up email accounts for business for me is always on the top of the list for my clients. First, Yandex is free and easy to configure and last forever. We do not need to worry if we have a plan to change our web hosting provider or stop our hosting plan with them. Our free email accounts will be still running well.
Features from Yandex Website
- 1,000 email accounts
- A convenient interface for managing mail accounts (blocking mailboxes of dismissed and the creation of mailboxes for new employees, changing passwords, etc.)
- You can use your organization’s logo in the Mail’s web interface.
- Unlimited-size mailbox
- Reliable anti-spam and virus system
- Access to mail through the web interface (from any computer) and mail programs using POP3/IMAP protocols
- Access to mail from mobile devices
- A calendar for organizing your work day, scheduling meetings, and creating a to-do list
- Convenient tools for working with messages in the web interface (previewing office documents, downloading all files as one archive, filters and labels for convenient sorting of correspondence, and much else).
- Many other capabilities (default address, domain aliases).
I will show you how to do it in this tutorial,
2. Click Log in to create a Yandex account
Once we click Connect domain, an instruction will show up to ask us to log in our account detail. If you do not have an account with Yandex which is fine, we can create one by click log in.
3. Register account
One the bottom of the column we can find Registration to get a Yandex account.
4. Enter Personal Information
Once we complete we can click the yellow button to the next step.
5. Verify domain ownership
Yandex provides three ways for us to verify our domain. I prefer using the second one which is to add CNAME record on my DNS. *Note: Different domain supplier have different dashboards, please check with your supplier. Here are the guidelines for your reference: Godaddy, NameCheap.
6. Set up MX Records
Again we need to add MX records into our DNS.
1. Add SPF record and DKIM signature
It is better to add SPF and DKIM into our DNS which can efficiently prevent our mail being blocked by firewalls or SPAM system so that our email can show up in INBOX, not JUNK folder. First, click the domain name that we just verified.
2. Set up access to the mailbox login page for the address
Right now you can access your email by typing mail.yandex.com in URL. But there is another option for us to use our domain name to access Yandex email account. For example mail.poweryourwordpess.com. Again we can add a subdomain mail and value domain.mail.yandex.net. In DNS.